This week’s Girls High School Power Rankings features Park City still in the top spot after their marquee matchup against Herriman in a rematch of last year’s state championship game. Park City won that game 12-8, in addition to taking down Corner Canyon. Herriman will look to rebound against Lone Peak on Tuesday.
- Park City (3-0) – The Miners had another impressive week last week. After defeating Corner Canyon 11-3 on Monday, Park City beat Herriman in a 2018 Championship game rematch 12-8. Against Herriman, Park City had seven different players either scoring a goal or an assist and had an impressive 75% shooting percentage as they scored their 12 goals on only 16 shots. Things do not get any easier for the Miners as they play three games next week; Monday at Bingham, Wednesday vs American Fork in what is a Girls High School Power Rankings top-3 matchup, and Friday vs Jordan.
- Herriman (4-1) – Herriman gave it a valiant effort, but they were not able to knock off the defending champions in their big matchup against Park City, falling by the score of 12-8. The Mustangs will look to rebound as they take on a strong Lone Peak team on Tuesday.
- American Fork (5-0) – American Fork overwhelmed their two opponents last week defeating Weber 19-1 and Wasatch 21-2. This week will not be as easy as they travel to Park City to take on the No. 1 team in our Girls High School Power Rankings, the Park City Miners squad.
- Riverton (2-0) – Riverton’s offense came alive and did not stop against Mountain Crest as the defeated the Mustangs 24-0 last Friday. 11 different Riverton players scored in the contest. The Silverwolves will be tested on Wednesday as they travel to Bingham. Riverton will also play Davis on Friday.
- Lone Peak (3-1) – Lone Peak went undefeated against their Utah County opponents last week defeating Timpview 17-5 and Timpanogos 16-9. Amelia Williams had a strong week scoring 9 goals on 13 shots to go along with 5 assists in Lone Peak’s two wins. The Knights will have their hands full as they travel to Herriman on Tuesday.
- Viewmont (2-1) – Viewmont defeated Weber 13-6 last Thursday in a game that was closer than expected. Viewmont’s Micala Harris had an impressive game with 5 goals on only 5 shots. The Vikings will play Roy on Monday before hosting a tough Corner Canyon squad on Thursday.
- Waterford (2-0) – The Waterford Ravens took the league by storm by coming out of the gates with two big wins. Waterford defeated Olympus last Tuesday in a fantastic 11-9 victory, and followed it up by beating Alta 16-7 last Thursday. A player to keep an eye on will be sophomore Jaimeson Meyer. Meyer had 10 goals on 13 shots for the week as well as 13 draw controls and 8 ground balls. Waterford will look to continue their winning ways as they take on Jordan on Monday and Copper Hills on Wednesday.
- Olympus (2-1) – Olympus wasn’t able to complete the comeback last Tuesday as they fought back from a six-goal halftime deficit against Waterford, to end up losing the game 11-9. The Titans will take on Juan Diego on Friday in what should be a fantastic matchup.
- Bingham (1-1) – The Miners were impressive in defeating Jordan 12-2 last Wednesday. Bingham will hope to remain strong on defense as they take on two high powered offensive teams this week; Park City on Monday and Riverton on Wednesday.
- Corner Canyon (2-3) – Corner Canyon lost to Park City 11-3 last Monday before coming up with an impressive win at Juan Diego last Wednesday by the score of 9-8. The Chargers may be the best team in the state with a losing record, likely the result of their extremely difficult strength of schedule so far. Corner Canyon’s schedule lightens up slightly as they host Davis on Tuesday, but then they will have to turn around and face another top 10 team in Viewmont on Thursday.
- Juan Diego (1-2) – Juan Diego lost a heart breaker against Corner Canyon last Wednesday by the score of 9-8. The Soaring Eagles will have a challenging week as they take on Alta on Wednesday and Olympus on Friday.
- Alta (2-2) – The Hawks defeated Copper Hills 15-5 last Monday, then lost to Waterford 16-7 last Thursday. Alta will host Juan Diego on Wednesday in what should be a close game.
- Jordan (1-2) – Jordan could not get things going against Brighton as they were defeated 12-2 last Wednesday. Things do not get easier for the Beetdiggers as they host a red-hot Waterford team on Monday and then have to travel to Park City to take on the defending champions.
- Lehi (3-1) – Lehi is continuing the great start of their season as they defeated Pleasant Grove 10-7 last Tuesday followed by a 15-4 victory over Ridgeline last Friday. Lehi will be challenged this week as they take on Timpanogos on Tuesday followed by a Thursday matchup against Brighton.
- Brighton (3-1) – Brighton secured an impressive win over Skyline last Wednesday by the score of 10-8. The Bengals host Mountain Crest on Tuesday before traveling to Lehi on Thursday for what should be a fantastic game.
- Timpview (3-1) – The Thunderbirds took their first loss of the season by the hands of Lone Peak 17-5 last Monday. They were able to get back to their winning ways by defeating West Jordan 16-5 last Wednesday. Timpview will look to add to their win total as they host Box Elder this Wednesday.
- Skyline (2-1) – Skyline defeated Mountain Crest last Monday before being Brighton handed them their first loss of the on Wednesday by the score of 10-8. The Eagles will get the week off as they don’t play again until an April 1st matchup against Box Elder.
- Pleasant Grove (2-2) – Pleasant Grove suffered a close loss to Lehi last Tuesday 10-7. The Vikings will host Wasatch on Monday and Judge Memorial on Thursday.
- Davis (2-2) – Davis took care of Judge Memorial last Friday by the score of 10-1. This week is much tougher for the Darts as they travel to Corner Canyon on Tuesday and host Riverton on Friday.
- Copper Hills (2-3) – The Grizzlies lost to Alta last Monday and defeated Sky View on Wednesday. Copper Hills will travel to Waterford to face the Ravens on Wednesday.
- Weber (0-3) – The Warriors played a tough schedule last week as they lost to American Fork 19-1 and Viewmont 13-6. The schedule lightens up this week as Weber will host Box Elder on Monday followed by a game vs Sky View on Tuesday.
- West Jordan (2-3) – West Jordan defeated Wasatch 13-6 last Tuesday before falling to Timpview 16-5 on Wednesday. The Jaguars will have the week off before they travel to Herriman on April 1st.
- West (4-1) – The Panthers continue to rack up the wins as they defeated Judge Memorial 12-7 on Monday followed by a win over Box Elder on 12-8 on Thursday. West will be able to savor these victories as they do not play again until hosting Waterford on April 3rd.
- Timpanogos (3-1) – The Timberwolves suffered their first loss of the season by the hands of Lone Peak 16-9 last Wednesday. Timpanogos will host Lehi on Tuesday before traveling to Fremont for a Thursday matchup.
- Fremont (3-1) – Fremont was able to notch another victory in their impressive inaugural season as they defeated Box Elder 12-10 last Tuesday night. Fremont has a big matchup against Timpanogos coming this Thursday.
- Sky View (0-1) – Sky View finally played their first game of the season last Wednesday, suffering a loss to Corner Canyon by the score of 8-6. The Bobcats have two chances to get their first win of the season this week as they take on Weber on Tuesday and Woods Cross on Thursday.
- Roy (1-4) – The Royals were able to secure their first win of the season as they defeated Woods Cross 13-4 last Wednesday. Roy will host Viewmont on Monday followed by a gave against Ridgeline on Wednesday.
- Woods Cross (0-4) – Woods Cross is off to a difficult start of the season as they droped to 0-4 when they lost to Roy last Wednesday 13-4. The Wildcats will have two chances to capture their first win as they travel to Judge Memorial on Monday and when they host Sky View on Thursday.
- Wasatch (0-4) – The Wasps lost to West Jordan last Tuesday 13-6 and to American Fork on Thursday 21-2. Wasatch will travel to Pleasant Grove on Monday in their only game of the week.
- Judge Memorial (0-3) – Judge Memorial lost to West last Monday 12-7 and to Davis on Friday 10-1. Judge will matchup against Woods Cross on Monday with both teams looking for their first win. Judge will also travel to play Pleasant Grove on Thursday.
- Mountain Crest (0-4) – Mountain Crest lost to Skyline 12-2 last Monday and to Riverton 24-0 on Friday. The Mustangs will play at Brighton on Tuesday.
- Box Elder (0-3) – The Bees lost two close games last week, falling 12-10 against Fremont and then 12-8 against West. Box Elder will play Weber on Monday and Timpview on Wednesday.
- Ridgeline (0-3) – Ridgeline lost to Lehi 15-4 last Friday. Next up, they will play Roy on Wednesday.
READ MORE: Take a look at last week’s Girls High School Power Rankings for comparison here.
Girls High School Power Rankings Stat of the Week –Lehi Goalie Zoe Schwartz had an impressive week as she recorded 16 saves on 27 shots for a 59% save percentage to help her team secure an undefeated week with victories over Pleasant Grove and Ridgeline.
Girls High School Power Rankings Team of the Week – Waterford Ravens. After waiting two weeks to play their first game Waterford came storming out of the gates with two impressive wins, a 11-9 victory over Olympus and a 16-7 win over Alta. Waterford’s Jaimeson Meyer has been the go-to player for the Ravens, but look for Sophia Taylor, Sarah Child, and Hanna Bruce to help shoulder the load for a balanced Waterford offense.