This week’s Girls High School Power Rankings features Park City retaining the top spot after taking down last week’s No. 3 ranked American Fork team 10-7.
Take a look at last week’s Girls Power Rankings for comparison here.
The Herriman Mustangs let loose some frustration on previously ranked No. 5 Lone Peak after their prior tough loss to Park City.
Take a look at this week’s Power Rankings.
- Park City (5-0) – The Miners continue to show their dominance as they defeated two top 10 teams in our Power Rankings. Park City downed Bingham 13-5 last Monday and followed that up with an impressive victory over American Fork 10-7 on Wednesday. Lauren Pederson had an impressive game against the Lady Cavemen as she scored 6 goals along with her three caused turnovers and six draw controls. Park City will try to keep their winning streak alive as they play No. 8 ranked Olympus on Tuesday and then travel to Skyline on Thursday.
- Herriman (5-1) – Coming off their previous week’s loss to Park City, Herriman took their frustration out on Lone Peak defeating the Knights 19-2 last Tuesday. The Mustangs continue to have a balanced attack as they had nine different players score in the game. Leading the way was Logann Eldredge scoring four goals on just five shots as well as going a perfect 4-for- 4 on the draw. Herriman will play against West Jordan on Monday before their big matchup against Riverton on Thursday.
- American Fork (5-1) – American Fork hung in there with Park City in their matchup last Wednesday, but ended up being defeated by the Miners 10-7. Despite the loss, Lady Cavemen Mallorie Van Woerkom and Madison McMurray kept American Fork in the game until the very end. American Fork is off on spring break and will not play again until Tuesday, April 9 at Timpanogos.
- Riverton (4-0) – The Silverwolves defeated Bingham 10-5 last Wednesday and defeated Davis 19-2 last Friday. Riverton has a great team with impact players all across the field, but they haven’t been truly tested so far this season as they their strength of schedule ranks 30th out of the 33 teams in the league. This week will be different as Riverton will be tested against a surprising Waterford team, who is ranked No. 7 in this week’s Power Rankings, on Monday followed by a great showdown versus Herriman on Tuesday.
- Lone Peak (3-2) – Lone Peak suffered a tough loss to the hands of No. 2 ranked Herriman by the score of 19-2. The Knights will have time to regroup as they are off this week due to spring break. Their next game will be on April 10th against Jordan.
- Viewmont (4-1) – Viewmont took care of business last week as they defeated Roy 23-0 and was victorious against Corner Canyon 12-7. The Vikings were led by Kenadee Hatch who scored a total of 11 goals and seven assists in Viewmont’s two wins. The Vikings will have this week off for spring break. Their next game will be a big matchup against Olympus on April 9th.
- Waterford (2-0) – Waterford continued their hot streak to start the season as they defeated Jordan 10-7 and Copper Hills 15-3. The Ravens continue to be led by their star Midfielder, Jaimeson Meyer. However, it is the contribution of Sarah Child who is making them a difficult team to beat. Child scored seven goals and an assist last week and had three caused turnovers and seven draw controls. Waterford will be tested on Monday as they play Riverton. They also play West on Wednesday.
- Olympus (3-1) – The Titans came away with an impressive 16-5 victory against Juan Diego last week. Olympus was able to spread out the scoring load as eight different Titans scored a goal. Just as impressive was Olympus’ defense who held the Juan Diego attack to just 6 shots on the night. Olympus will have a difficult week as they travel to Park City on Tuesday followed by another top 10 matchup vs Bingham on Friday.
- Bingham (1-3) – Bingham lost two tough matchups last week falling to Park City 13-5 and to Riverton 10-5. Despite the loses, Bingham played well and competed in both games. So far this season, the Miners have the most difficult strength of schedule as they have played the No. 1, No. 3, and No. 4 teams in the power rankings. Bingham will play Copper Hills on Tuesday followed by another tough matchup against Olympus on Friday.
- Corner Canyon (3-4) – Corner Canyon defeated Davis 13-6 last Tuesday, but fell to Viewmont 12-7 last Thursday. Madison Andrews has been coming on strong for the Chargers as she scored five goals and had six assists in Corner Canyon’s two games last week. She also contributed with 14 draw controls as she won 22 out of 32 draws for her team. Corner Canyon will have next week off for spring break. Their next matchup will be against Riverton on April 10th.
- Alta (3-2) – Defeated Juan Diego 10-7. Next game April 11th vs Brighton.
- Brighton (5-1) – Defeated Mountain Crest 17-0 and Lehi 12-9 to give the Bengals 5 straight victories. Next game April 11th at Olympus.
- Lehi (4-2) – Defeated Timpanogos 14-10 but fell to Brighton 12-9 in a close game. Next game on April 9th at Juan Diego.
- Timpview (4-1) – Defeated Bex Elder 18-2. Next game April 9th at Pleasant Grove.
- Jordan (1-3) – Lost to Waterford 10-7. Next game on April 10th at Lone Peak.
- Juan Diego (1-4) – Disappointing week for Juan Diego as they lost to Alta 10-7 and Olympus 16-5.
Looking for their next victory on Wednesday at Judge Memorial.
- Skyline (2-1) – After a week off, Skyline will be ready to play Box Elder on Monday as well as Park City on Thursday.
- Pleasant Grove (4-2) – Defeated Wasatch 13-2 and Judge Memorial 19-6. Next matchup is a big game against Timpview on April 9th.
- Weber (2-3) – Picked up their first two wins on the season by defeating Box Elder 16-3 and Sky view 17-4. Next game is April 10th at Mountain Crest.
- Davis (2-4) – Tough week for Davis as they lost to Corner Canyon 13-6 and Riverton 19-2. Next game is April 12th vs Roy.
- Copper Hills (2-4) – Lost to Waterford 15-3. Will play Bingham on Tuesday and West Jordan on Thursday.
- West Jordan (2-3) – Did not play last week. Will host Herriman on Monday and travel to Copper Hills on Thursday.
- West (4-1) – Did not play last week. Will host Waterford on Wednesday.
- Fremont (4-1) – Defeated Timpanogos 10-9 in a fantastic game last week. Next game April 10th vs Waterford.
- Timpanogos (3-3) – Lost two close games last week. 14-10 to Lehi and 10-9 vs Fremont. Next game on April 9th vs American Fork
- Sky View (1-2) – Lost to Weber 17-4 before picking up their first victory as they defeated Woods Cross 13-8. Next up is an April 9th matchup against West.
- Roy (2-5) – Roy lost to Viewmont but defeated Ridgeline. Next game vs Bingham on April 9th.
- Judge Memorial (1-4) – Defeated Woods Cross 17-7, Lost to Pleasant Grove 19-6. Will play Juan Diego on Wednesday.
- Wasatch (0-4) – Lost to Pleasant Grove 13-2. Next game April 12th vs Fremont.
- Mountain Crest (0-5) – Lost to Brighton 17-0. Next game against Box Elder on April 8th.
- Box Elder (0-5) – Lost to Weber 17-4 and Timpview 18-2. Will play Skyline on Monday.
- Woods Cross (0-6) – Lost to Judge 17-7 and Sky View 13-8. Next game April 9th at Ridgeline.
- Ridgeline (0-3) – Ridgeline lost to Lehi 15-4 last Friday. Next up, they will play Roy on Wednesday.
Stat of the Week –After only scoring two goals in the first two games of the season, Sky View’s Annabelle Hoffman scored six goals in the Bobcats 13-8 victory over Woods Cross. A younger Hoffman only scored 10 total goals for Sky View in the 2018 season. She is well on her way of scoring more in the 2019 season as she has a team high of eight goals so far.
Team of the Week – Brighton Bengals. After losing to Park City in the first game of the season, Brighton has gone on to win their next five games of the season including two victories last week. Their 12-9 victory over Lehi was impressive as they were down two goals at halftime, but outscored Lehi 7-2 in the second half. Haley Taylor had an impressive week as she scored six goals and had two assists as well as 6 draw controls for Brighton.