This week’s Utah Girls High School Power Rankings has Park City and Herriman holding on to the top two spots, while American Fork, Riverton and Lone Peak round out the top five. Bingham faces a tough test this week as they take on Herriman, while Corner Canyon has their hands full against American Fork and Lone Peak.
Read More: See last week’s Girls High School Power Rankings for comparison here.
- (RPI-1, SOS-1)*** Park City (7-0) – Park City did not play last week due to spring break. The Miners remain in the top spot of the rankings due to their perfect 7-0 record. Park City will try to pick up where they left off and maintain their No. 1 spot in the power rankings when they play Viewmont on Thursday.
- (RPI-2, SOS-4) Herriman (8-1) – Herriman continued blowing out teams as they beat Copper Hills 24-3 last Monday. Herriman had a very impressive victory over Riverton last week winning by the score of 20-5. The Mustangs are controlling possession as they have won the draw 71 percent (150/212) of the time. Leading the way is Kenzie Garrett who has won 73 percent (106/145) of her draws.
- (RPI-3, SOS-11) American Fork (6-1) – American Fork continues their hot streak as they defeated Pleasant Grove 15-5 last week. The Lady Caveman will take on Timpview on Tuesday.
- (RPI-5, SOS-14) Riverton (7-1) – The Silverwolves picked up two more wins last week as they defeated West Jordan 19-6 and Corner Canyon 11-6. Allie Fullmer led the way for Riverton as she scored six goals on only eight shots and had three assists in her two games last week. Next up for Riverton is a game against Jordan on Friday.
- (RPI-8, SOS 12) Lone Peak (4-2) – Lone Peak defeated Jordan 15-6 last week. Sadie Christensen had a break out game as she scored four goals, two assists and eight ground balls. Goalie Jessica Van Woerkom had a great game as well as she saved 9 of 15 shots for a 60 percent save percentage. Lone Peak will play two tough opponents this week as they travel to Viewmont on Monday and host Corner Canyon on Wednesday.
- (RIP-6, SOS 17) Viewmont (6-1) – Viewmont defeated Olympus 13-10 and Woods Cross 22-3 last week. Danni Westerman had a fantastic week as she scored 8 goals and secured 71 percent (22/31) of the draws she took. This week will be a big week for the Vikings as they play Lone Peak on Monday before a facing Park City on Thursday.
- (RPI-4, SOS 10) Waterford (6-1) – Waterford defeated Skyline 14-4 last week. Jaimeson Meyer and Sarah Child continue to carry their team as they have combined to score 65 percent (59 out of 91) of the Raven’s goals so far this season. Waterford will next play Juan Diego on Tuesday.
- (RPI-9, SOS-7) Bingham (5-3) – Bingham had another undefeated week as they beat Roy 13-1 and Alta 6-4. The Miners have won four straight games after their 1-3 start to the season. Bingham does not play again until April 23 when they travel to Herriman.
- (RPI-10, SOS 5) Olympus (4-4) – Olympus lost a tough one to Viewmont 13-10 before getting back to their winning ways as they defeated Brighton 20-8. Seniors Meredith Clark and Hannah Clegg had breakout weeks as Clark scored six goals and Clegg added four goals giving the Titans a more balanced attack. Olympus will host Davis on Tuesday.
- (RPI-16, SOS-2) Corner Canyon (3-5) – Corner Canyon was defeated by Riverton 11-6 last week. The Chargers continue to battle in each game, but the schedule just doesn’t give them a break as their next two opponents are the No. 5 and No. 3 teams in our power rankings, Lone Peak and American Fork Wednesday and then on April 22nd, respectively.
- (RPI-11, SOS-6) Alta (3-3) – Alta was able to keep it close, but eventually fell to Bingham last week 6-4. The Hawks will take on Brighton on Monday.
- (RPI-18, SOS-8) Juan Diego (4-4) – Juan Diego won both of their games last week as they defeated Lehi 20-8 and Jordan 12-6. The play of Alexis Moratalla has been a difference-maker. After a quiet first half of the season, Moratalla scored 9 goals last week on just 14 shots. Juan Diego will play Waterford on Tuesday.
- (RPI-7, SOS-15) Brighton (5-2) – Brighton’s 5 game winning streak was snapped last week by Olympus as the Bengals lost 20-8. Brighton will face Alta on Monday and Davis on Friday.
- (RPI-12, SOS-18) Skyline (4-3) – Lost to Waterford 14-4 but defeated Weber 11-9. Skyline will play Pleasant Grove on Thursday.
- (RPI-17, SOS 26) Lehi (5-3) – Lost to Juan Diego 20-8, defeated Box Elder 16-5. Lehi will have two home games this week; Monday vs Jordan and Wednesday vs Fremont.
- (RPI-25, SOS-3) Jordan (1-5) – Jordan’s losing streak reached 5 games as they fell to Lone Peak 15-6 and Juan Diego 12-6. The Beetdiggers will play Lehi on Monday and Riverton on Friday.
- (RPI-15, SOS-24) Pleasant Grove (5-3) – Won a close one against Timpview 12-11, but was defeated by American Fork 15-5. Will play Timpanogos on Tuesday and Skyline on Thursday.
- (RPI-13, SOS-27) Timpview (5-2) – Lost to Pleasant Grove 12-1 and defeated Mountain Crest 12-2. Will play American Fork on Tuesday and host Woods Cross on Thursday.
- (RPI-22, SOS-13) Weber (2-4) – Lost a close one to Skyline 11-9. Will play Fremont on Monday and Ridgeline on Wednesday.
- (RPI-23, SOS 23) Davis (3-4) – Defeated Roy 16-4. Will play Olympus on Tuesday and Brighton on Friday.
- (RPI-19, SOS-9) Copper Hills (3-6) – Lost to Herriman 24-3. Will not play again until April 23rd when they host Juan Diego.
- (RPI-14, SOS-28) West (5-2) – West continues to pick up wins in their breakout season, defeating Sky View 11-3. Will play Woods Cross on Monday and Mountain Crest on Wednesday.
- (RPI-21, SOS-15) West Jordan (3-6) – Lost to Riverton 19-6 and defeated Timpanogos 13-7. Will not play again until April 23 vs Skyline.
- (RPI-27, SOS-32) Sky View (2-3) – Lost to West 11-3 and defeated Judge Memorial 9-5. Three games for Sky View this week as they play Ridgeline on Monday, Wasatch on Tuesday, and Timpanogos on Friday.
- (RPI-30, SOS-25) Judge Memorial (1-6) – Lost to Sky View 9-5. Will host Box Elder on Tuesday.
- (RPI-29, SOS-20) Roy (2-7) – Lost to Bingham 13-1 and lost to Davis 16-4. Will not play again until April 23rd when they travel to Fremont.
- (RPI-24, SOS 30) Timpanogos (3-4) – Lost to West Jordan 13-7. Will play Pleasant Grove on Tuesday and travel to Sky View on Friday.
- (RPI-26, SOS-19) Wasatch (1-5) – Upset Fremont on Friday by the score of 11-10 to pick up their first win of the season. Will have 3 games next week playing Sky View on Tuesday, at Box Elder on Wednesday, and at Mountain Crest on Friday.
- (RPI-20, SOS-33) Fremont (4-2) – Lost a tough one to Wasatch 11-10. Will try to get back on track this week as they play at Weber on Monday and at Lehi on Wednesday.
- (RPI-28, SOS-21) Mountain Crest (1-6) – Picked up their first win of the season as they defeated Box Elder 7-5, then lost to Timpview 12-2. On Spring Break last week. Will have a busy week this week with three games. Monday at Box Elder, Wednesday vs Weber, and Friday vs Timpview.
- (RPI-31, SOS-28) Box Elder (0-8) – Competed in both of their games but ended up taking the loss to Mountain Crest 7-5 and to Lehi 16-5. Still looking to pick up their first win as they play at Judge on Tuesday, Wasatch on Thursday, and Ridgeline on Friday.
- (RPI-33, SOS-21) Woods Cross (0-7) – Lost to Viewmont 22-3. Will play at West on Monday and at Timpview on Thursday.
- (RPI-32, SOS-31) Ridgeline (0-4) – Game vs Woods Cross last week was canceled due to weather. Will play Sky View on Monday, Weber on Wednesday, and travel to Box Elder on Friday.
Stat of the Week – A 74 percent save percentage for Mountain Crest Goalie Kori Wakley was a huge difference maker for her team as the Mustangs picked up their first win of the season, a 7-3 victory against Box Elder. Wakley had 14 saves holding Box Elder to only five goals. Wakley stepped up her game when her team needed her the most.
Team of the Week – Juan Diego Soaring Eagle. Juan Diego picked up big wins against Jordan and Lehi last week to even out their record at 4-4. Juan Diego’s improvement has come from their balanced attack as they had nine different girls score at least one goal each last week. Their defense is also much improved as they have held their opponents to only twenty shots on goal in their two victories.
*** Included in the power rankings, you will find each team’s Rating Percentage Index (RPI). Utah Girls Lacrosse will determine the seedings for playoffs by the teams RPI ranking. Please go to the UTGL Standings page for a full explanation of the RPI. Also included in this week’s ranking is each team’s Strength of Schedule (SOS), which is based on the power rankings of the team’s opponents so far this season.