For Immediate Release – Utah Lacrosse Association
We are now accepting resumes for the position of Boys Program Director. We appreciate all the work Mike Calvert has done during this transitional time for the ULA, and we encourage all of you to go down and see the new show his wife will be performing in at the Encore hotel in Las Vegas. If you are interested in applying for this position email us at email@example.com with your resume attached and we will contact you for an initial interview.
Utah Lacrosse Association
Boys Program Coordinator Job Description
This position requires an individual who will be able to forward the objectives of the Volunteer League Councils (Boys High School and Youth Council) in relation to administration of the leagues’ operations. Applicant must be excellent communicator with ability to understand concerns of constituents and participants involved with the organization. Candidates will be required to maintain a varied schedule that includes office work, field work, local travel, and potentially some limited travel within the Continental US.
Office work to include answering phones, managing database, updating and managing website, scheduling fields/referees/games/special events/volunteers. Hours vary depending on season but are generally daytime hours during off season (summer/winter) and mid-morning to evening hours throughout the spring and fall seasons.
A general knowledge of the sport of lacrosse is preferred. The Boys Program Coordinator will report to Volunteer Board Chair or Commissioner (one per council) as well as staff manager (or other manager as determined by Councils). Position is Full-time, Salary with Health/Dental Insurance, retirement plan, paid federal holidays, paid vacation.
Specific tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Forward objectives of the league determined by Volunteer Councils.
- Administer league through strict adherence to written policy
- Assist in updates to policy as required by Councils
- Manage website and database of participants/parents
- Manage schedules for seasonal game schedules and special events
- Manage the registration process for all leagues, events and clinics provided by the ULA league.
- Create contact documents and other informational documents for each league each season.
- Participate in Youth Council, Boys High School Council meetings as well as other meetings as assigned.
- Participate in support of local chapter as approved by Councils.
- Participate in payment distribution and minor accounting functions in relation to vendor payment
- Solicit bids for equipment and services directly related to league functions and assist in awarding contracts for products/services as necessary
- Organize and participate in gear rental service as provided by the league (or assist chapter in effort as assigned by Councils)
- Timely and accurate communication by phone and written form to meet objectives of organization
- Schedule, assist in organization of and help run the mandatory coaches meetings for High School and Youth Leagues.
- Participate in review of coaches’ eligibility, benefits and administration of background check distribution
- Assist in organization of State Championship events for all associated leagues.
- Participate in budgeting processes with leagues
- Work with the US Lacrosse staff as necessary for league functions
- Additional duties as assigned by Council/Staff Manager as necessary to meet objectives of league and to assist Chapter functions as assigned
Utah Lacrosse Association is a 501(c)(3) organization that provides Youth and High School age children the opportunity to play Lacrosse primarily in the State of Utah. Additional information is available by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 801-590-9950