– The Boise Invitational kicks off today. Corner Canyon, Park City, Olympus, Herriman, Juan Diego and Judge are heading North to put Utah lacrosse on the map. Read the preview here.
– Boys: Sky View beat Copper Hills, 6-4. Recap
– Boys Varsity, 3/18/15 | Highland 7, Judge 5 (User Submitted)
Highland raced out to a 3-0 lead on some nice inside finishes from middies Carter Robinson and Mark Orlandi, along with a zone busting rip from attackman Chase Duncan. Judge maintained confidence in their packed 3-3 zone and eventually chipped away at Highland’s lead through a combination of outrageous saves from Johnny Garlinghouse, some impatient force feeds from Highland, a series of man-up opportunities, a left alley dodge from middie David Turner, and an ankle breaking roll from X on the part of attackman Aidan Larson.
The second half saw Highland content to wait for Judge’s zone to expose its underside, eating up large blocks of clock in the process. Highland pressed with an aggressive man-to-man defense while Judge stayed with their 3-3, now stretched because of Highland’s outside range. After Chase Duncan stuck a laser from just inside the restraining line, Highland would seal the deal on a crease finish from Carter Robinson. With about five minutes to go Highland went into keep away mode, running out the clock.
Judge (4-1) suffers its first loss on the season while Highland remains undefeated (5-0).
– Girls: Pleasant Grove outlasted Viewmont, 8-7. Emmaline Frampton and Amanda Hansen each had 4 points for the Vikings.
– Girls: Riverton beat Woods Cross, 16-7. Tess Campbell had 5 goals for the Silverwolves.
– Weber v. Viewmont photo gallery courtesy of Stephen Smith Photography.
– Don’t forget to nominate a Storm Lacrosse Player of the Week!
– Check out the scores from yesterday or see who is playing today.
– You and your teams can (and should) submit game recaps that will be included in the ULN Dispatch. Do it here. We will accept JV recaps too!
– Slow week in the MCLA since it’s Spring Break for most schools. Read the Week 6 notebook here. UVU and Utah State will go head-to-head on Saturday.
– It’s a great week for the WCLA who will have several in-state games this weekend. Starting on Friday, Westminster will host BYU (Preview).
– UVU, Utah State and Colorado School of Mines will all play each other on Saturday. Utah will also take on the Orediggers on Sunday.
National News is brought to you by Lacrosse Pulse which is a free daily email with hand-curated lacrosse content. Sign up now at www.lacrossepulse.com
USILA Division I, II, III Players of the Week for March 9-15
Recruiting Rundown National HS Rankings, 3/18
Add 10 mph to Your Lacrosse Shot – Part 2: The Medicine Ball
Denver Pulls Away From Lehigh in Fourth Quarter
Bitter, Burke Propel No. 2 North Carolina by No. 15 Harvard
No. 16 Towson Falls in Defensive Battle vs. No. 17 Ohio State
No. 1 Tufts Handles No. 4 Stevenson 18-12
Rattlers Announce New Home Stadium For 2015