Most of the time the front page of Utah Lacrosse News is filled with game recaps, player profiles, pictures, coaches polls and more. Occasionally we get to step back and remember what life is all about and get the opportunity to publish stories about people in the community who have helped others or have been helped. Yesterday we published a story about a Utah man who was given the Nicholas E. Colleluori Award at the HEADstrong Gala last week. Please take a moment to read it.
– The big game yesterday was Corner Canyon taking on Eastside Catholic (WA) at the Boise Invitational. The Crusaders were in the Top 10 of the West in a couple lists, so for Corner Canyon to beat them 9-5, it’s a big deal.
– Other results from the Boise Invitational: Olympus 15, Rocky Mountain (ID) 10 | Eagle (ID) 16, Juan Diego 14
– Boys: Bonneville beat Viewmont, 15-4. Alex Croyle led Bonneville with 5 goals and 3 assists. Stockton Christensen and Kyle Higgins each had 2 points for Viewmont. See the game photos here.
– Boys: Logan beat Roy, 16-9. Jordan Hansen led Logan with 4 goals and 1 assist. Rio Thomas also had 5 points for the Grizzlies (3G,2A).
– Boys: Skyline beat Davis, 16-7. Bert Merrill and Ezra Schofield both had 7 points for the Eagles as they soared to victory.
– Boys: The Knights of Northridge beat West Jordan, 7-5. Kaden Hopper led Northridge with 2 goals and 1 assist.
– Girls: Brighton took down rival Alta, 11-6. Mo Osterloh had 6 goals and 2 assists for Brighton. Kayla Medina had 3 goals for Alta.
– Girls: Judge beat Cache Valley, 7-6. Kylee McKee had 4 goals for Cache Valley.
– Don’t forget to nominate a Storm Lacrosse Player of the Week!
– Check out the scores from yesterday or see who is playing today.
– You and your teams can (and should) submit game recaps that will be included in the ULN Dispatch. Do it here. We will accept JV recaps too!
– Slow week in the MCLA since it’s Spring Break for most schools. Read the Week 6 notebook here. UVU and Utah State will go head-to-head on Saturday.
– It’s a great week for the WCLA who will have several in-state games this weekend. Starting on Friday, Westminster will host BYU (Preview).
– UVU, Utah State and Colorado School of Mines will all play each other on Saturday. Utah will also take on the Orediggers on Sunday.
National News is brought to you by Lacrosse Pulse which is a free daily email with hand-curated lacrosse content. Sign up now at www.lacrossepulse.com
Analyzing the Impact of the Face-off Rule Changes
Tewaaraton Watch Lists Updated With 11 Top Performers
Defending Champion Denver Outlaws Change It Up
Lax Coach Mike Lacrosse Drill: Motion Offense to 3v2
Delaware Hidden Ball Trick Against Manhattan
Under Armour / IL Regional Boys High School Experts Poll
NLL Notes: Welcome to the League, Jeremy Noble