– I was down and out with the flu yesterday, sorry for the lack of updates. Here is what happened this weekend:
– The annual Chill-Lax Tournament was on Friday and Saturday in American Fork. Alta won the gold bracket, American Fork won the silver bracket and Lone Peak won the bronze bracket. Congrats to all those who participated in this great event.
– Boys, Park City Varsity/JV/FS Weekend Recap
PC Varsity defeated Lone Peak 17-3. Cole Flinders (7g 2a), Kolton Atkinson (3g 3a), and JJ Pickard (4a) lead the way for the offense. Jackson Burton won 12 of 14 face-offs and picked up 12 gb’s, Ian Sime (2s) and Connor French (6s) combined for 8 saves. Josh Stout scored all 3 goals for Lone Peak as goalies Eric Pranger (3s) and Sean Wetsel (11s) combined to make 14 saves. PC JV defeated Lone Peak JV 11-3. The PC offense saw 7 different players score in the game led by Will McNamara with 5 goals and Christian deLemos’ 4 assists. Lone Peak got goals from Adcock, Copeland, and Madsen while Pranger made 13 saves. PC F/S played 2 games on Friday at the Chill Lax Tournament in American Fork. The team beat SkyView A FS 3-0 and lost to Logan 12-1.
– Boys: Riverton beat Westlake, 11-6. Zac Tueller had 4 goals and 1 assist for the Silverwolves.
– Boys: Bonneville beat Weber, 13-7. Alex Croyle led the Lakers with 4 goals and 2 assists.
– Boys: Timpview beat West Jordan, 13-6. Ty Guzzo led Timpview in goals with 4 but Thomas Freedman had 2 goals and 3 assists to lead in points. West Jordan had three players with 2 points: Jeremiah Bott (1G, 1A), Daniel Harmon (2G), Brady Nunnelley (1G, 1A).
– Boys: Judge beat West, 21-0. Sixteen Bulldogs recorded at least one point. Maximilian Butcher had 2 goals and 2 assists and Doug Gosselin had 1 goal and 3 assists for the Bulldogs.
– Boys: Brighton beat Jordan, 14-6. Jace Babka led Jordan with 3 goals and 1 assists. Jackson Babka had 20 saves on 34 faced shots.
– Boys: Corner Canyon beat Waterford, 11-1. Max Asay and Matt Graney led Corner Canyon with 3 goals and 1 assist each.
– Boys: Bingham beat Pleasant Grove, 13-11. Jordan Brough and Josh Croall each had 3 goals and 2 assists for Bingham. Chad Renslow led Pleasant Grove with 5 goals and 1 assist.
– Girls: Alta beat Lone Peak, 10-7. Lauren Ogden had 5 goals and 1 assist to lead the Hawks. Elise Winger (3G) and Skye Rust (2G, 1A) were the leaders for Lone Peak.
– Girls: Timpanogos beat Timpview, 8-6. Monica Chavez led Timpanogos with 4 goals. Emma Townsend led Timpview with 4 goals.
– Check out the scores from yesterday or see who is playing today.
– Submit your game recap! It’s easy to do. Find out more here.
– Matt Michaeli (Alta) scored the game winning goal for Pfeiffer with 4 seconds left in the game against Belmont Abbey. (Box Score)
– BYU beat UVU, 22-8 on Friday and Washington State, 24-1 on Saturday.
– USU beat Regis, 21-4 on Friday and Colorado Mines, 16-4 on Saturday.
– Utah beat Washington State on Sunday, 13-5.
– Westminster beat UVU, 15-5.
– BYU lost to both Texas and Georgia.
– Utah beat Utah State, 15-3.
National News is brought to you by Lacrosse Pulse which is a free daily email with hand-curated lacrosse content. Sign up now at www.lacrossepulse.com
Check back tomorrow for National News!