– Boys Varsity, 3/30/2015 | Windsor (CO) 8, Waterford 7 (User Submitted)
Leading Scorers: Windsor: (8) Nathan Tucker (2g, 1a) KC Scott (2g) Max Hansen (2g) Hunter Hop (1g) Jake Hardy (1g) Clay Crave (1a) Chris Ahl (1a) Trent Gallatin (1a) | Waterford : (7) David Meabon (2g) Eli Rosett (2g) Nick Winters (2g) Owen Pyper (1g) Sam Schroeder (1a) Jacob Mika (1a)
Goalie Stats: Windsor, Colton Ferris (4 saves, 7 GA) | Waterford, Jacob Hawkes (6 saves, 6 GA), Ty Cramer (5 saves 2 GA)
FOS: Windsor won the first 5 face-offs but Waterford finished winning 11 of the 19 total..
Windsor came out on fire scoring the first 3 goals within 3:30 minutes. The Wizards won the first 5 face-offs. The first Waterford possession occurred at the 6 minute mark. Nick Winters took the Raven offense into his own hands scoring his 2 goals in the first half. The Wizards lead 6-2 at halftime. The Ravens fought back and tied the game 7-7 at the 9:48 mark with a David Meabon goal from Sam Schroeder. The teams traded possessions until Hunter Hop scored the go-ahead goal with 4:50 remaining assisted by Clay Grave. Windsor gained possession and held off the Ravens for the victory.
The Wizards will take on Herriman on Wednesday. View the photo gallery from this game here.
– Boys, Bingham v. Park City Varsity & JV (User Submitted)
Park City Recap: Varsity and JV traveled down to South Jordan on Monday to take on Bingham. In the early game, the Varsity squad remained unbeaten after a 11-4 victory. Leading the way for PC was Kolton Atkinson (3g 1a). Tucker Mirams (1g 2a) and Beau Pederson (1g 2a) had 3 points apiece and JJ Pickard had 2 goals. Jackson Burton won 71% of his face-offs. Ian Sime made 7 saves. Strong defensive performances were turned in by Hales, Turner, and Greenwald.
In the JV game, PC overcame 9 penalties and managed to win 8-3 in a game that was much closer than the score posted. Gator Olsen scored 2 goals. Jack Root and Billy Honey combined for 4 saves. Holzrichter, Halsey, and Seifert anchored the defense that played a ton of man down.
– Boys: Read the excellent recap of the Bingham v. Park City game from Mykel Severson here.
– Boys: Skyline edged Olympus in overtime on a goal by Harri Martin, 12-11. Full Recap | Gallery
– Boys: Herriman beat Westlake, 13-2. Chantz Roberts led Herriman with 4 goals and 2 assists. Nathan Fullmer had 1 goal and 1 assist for Westlake.
– Boys: Lone Peak beat Spanish Fork, 19-12, in a battle for Utah County. Josh Stout had 5 goals and 5 assists for the Knights. Conner Savage went 23 for 31 from X for Lone Peak. Spanish Fork was led by Kirby Farnworth (4G, 1A) and Payton Kimber (2G, 3A).
– Girls: Herriman beat Bingham, 11-7. Sammy Delli led Bingham with 3 goals.
– Girls: Brighton beat Olympus, 17-2. Tiffiny Wallace had 5 goals and 1 assist to lead Brighton. Taylor Hekking had 9 saves on 11 shots for the Bengals. Lea VandeMerwe had the two goals for Olympus.
– Girls: Copper Hills beat Waterford, 14-3. Nine Grizzlies recorded at least one point on the score book with Mercedes Kent taking home 2 goals and an assist. Madalyn Huber went 12 of 13 on draws with 6 controlled.
– Congrats to Ty Guzzo (Timpview) and Bergan McArdle (Brighton) for winning the Storm Lacrosse Week 4 Player of the Week award. Be sure to nominate someone for this next week!
– The boys and girls coaches polls, presented by The Lacrosse Box, were released today. Check out the new charts that show team movement from week to week.
– Check out the scores from yesterday or see who is playing today.
– Submit your game recap! It’s easy to do. Find out more here.
– Game Photos: Utah v. Washington State
– On Wednesday, Utah will host Westminster at 7:00pm.
– On Thursday, Utah State will host BYU at 5:30pm.
– On Friday, UVU will head to Boise to face Boise State. BYU will host Simon Fraser at 7:00pm.
– On Saturday, UVU will take on Washington State in Boise.
– On Sunday, Utah will host Simon Fraser at Noon.
– Today, Utah will host UVU at 6:00pm.
– On Friday, Utah will take on Colorado State.
– On Saturday, there will be three games at Westminster. At 11:00am, Westminster will take on Utah State. BYU will then play Colorado State at 12:30 and then Westminster will also take on Colorado State at 3:00pm. Also on Saturday, USU will face Northern Colorado.
National News is brought to you by Lacrosse Pulse which is a free daily email with hand-curated lacrosse content. Sign up now at www.lacrossepulse.com
Syracuse vs Notre Dame | 2015 College Lacrosse Highlights
Q&A with Paul Rabil: New York Lizard Training Camp
Syracuse Is Still #1 – Is This Poll Serious?
Notre Dame Rallies to Hand No. 1 Syracuse First Loss
No. 1 Haverford School Boys Lacrosse Needs Huge Rally to Remain Unbeaten
Hopkins Wins First Big Ten Game
Last but not least, check out this amazing save by Montana State Goalie Parker Fairey.