– The Park City v. Corner Canyon game lived up to the hype as the Miners took home a 7-6 win. Read the recap here.
– Boys, JV (4/1/2015) | Corner Canyon 5, Park City 4 OT (User Submitted)
After playing 10 days ago to a 7-7 tie (after 2 scoreless OT’s and called for darkness) Park City and Corner Canyon got together for another OT game. This time the game had an outcome. CC scored 30 seconds into the extra frame while man-up for a 5-4 victory. The story of the game for PC was their inability to stay out of the penalty box as they squandered a 4-1 lead in the 4th quarter. The 10 penalties for the Miners led to 4 out of 5 of CC’s goals. Goalie Jack Root had an excellent game between the pipes for PC. While 4 different players scored for PC: Carlos Kinder, Kyle Walterson, Sam Addicott, and Levi Pompoco.
– Boys: Judge beat Waterford, 7-4. Doug Gosselin led Judge with 1 goal and 2 assists. Noah Hill went 8 of 11 from X for the Bulldogs.
– Boys: Spanish Fork beat Timpanogos, 16-6. Twelve Warriors found the score sheet with three getting 3 points: Josh Adamson (2G, 1A), Austin James (2G, 1A) and Payton Kimber (1G, 2A).
– Check out the scores from yesterday or see who is playing today.
– Submit your game recap! It’s easy to do. Find out more here.
– Zach Bullett (Juan Diego) won the WILA Defense Player of the Week award. See release here.
– BYU will take on Utah State tonight in Logan. Game is set to start at 5:30pm.
– Westminster beat Utah last night, 25-3. Box Score
– Check out the Week 8 MCLA Notebook for more MCLA coverage.
– On Friday, Utah will take on Colorado State.
– On Saturday, there will be three games at Westminster. At 11:00am, Westminster will take on Utah State. BYU will then play Colorado State at 12:30 and then Westminster will also take on Colorado State at 3:00pm. Also on Saturday, USU will face Northern Colorado.
National News is brought to you by Lacrosse Pulse which is a free daily email with hand-curated lacrosse content. Sign up now at www.lacrossepulse.com
Recruiting Rundown National High School Power Rankings, 4/1
Unranked Bellarmine Upsets No. 11 Marquette
New Jersey’s Take on Helmets in Girls Lacrosse