We hope you have nothing scheduled for 2:00pm today. If you want to see live lacrosse and possibly the best MCLA game the state has to offer, head over to Westminster to see the Griffins host BYU. There are a zillion things we could say about this game, but instead, just go watch it! If for some reason you hate live lacrosse, you could watch No. 1 Notre Dame host No. 2 North Carolina…
– Boys, Varsity | Park City 15, Juan Diego 2 (User Submitted)
Park City Varsity made a BIG statement Friday night beating Juan Diego 15-2. It was the Miner’s first win against JD since 2010. The attack trio of Kolton Atkinson (4g 3a), Beau Pederson (2g 4a), and Cole Flinders (5g) led all scorers. The midfield production was led by multi-point scorers Chad Merrick (2g 1a), JJ Pickard (1g 1a), and Tucker Mirams (2a). Chase Christensen also found the back of the net once. Coaches presented game balls to the face-off duo of Zack Danninger (9 of 10) and Eli Levine (6 of 10) for commanding the X in the absence of Jackson Burton. The defense played outstanding all day in front of goalie Ian Sime (6 saves). Chase Flinders, Josh Hales, Jeff Turner, and Tobin Greenwald led a defensive charge that only let 8 shots get on cage as they killed of all 4 man-up situations they faced.
– Boys, JV | Park City 5, Juan Diego 1 (User Submitted)
Park City JV overcame 8 penalties to walk away with a 5-1 victory over the Juan Diego’s JV squad. Alec Olsen (2g 2a) led all scorers with 4 points. Will McNamara (3g) and Matt O’Brien (1a) turned in solid efforts on the day. PC played a solid team game in all aspects. 22 GB’s, 15 of 17 clears, 1 of 2 on man-up, and 7 of 9 on face-offs. Connor French made 6 of 7 saves in 3 quarters of action. Billy Honey was a perfect 2 for 2 finishing out the 4th quarter.
– Boys, Varsity | American Fork 12, Lehi 8 (User Submitted)
American Fork gets comeback win over Lehi – American Fork Boys Varsity got its second win of the week with a 12-8 over rival Lehi. The Pioneers jumped out to an early 4-0 lead in the first quarter with the Cavemen deducing the deficit to 5-4 by halftime. Both teams battled evenly in the 3rd quarter for an 8-8 tie before the Cavemen pulled away with four 4th quarter goals for the win. Lehi had a balanced attack with 7 different players scoring while senior Jace Miller led the Cavemen with 8 goals and 2 assists. Sophomores Joe Norton and Kimball Matheny rounded out the AF scoring with 2 goals each.
View photos from this game here.
– Boys, JV | American Fork 10, Lehi 7 (User Submitted)
The slow paced start ended when Lehi scores the first point at this exciting Lacrosse game. AF’s Jacob Mcnall evens it up by scoring for AF. Lehi scores another point and AF fires back 2 more points shot by Jacob Mcnall and Taylor Mason. Goalie Pudge Bellistion pulls out a couple of incredible saves before Lehi makes a nice play and scores another goal. Jacob Mcnall feeds to Taylor Mason for another great play and goal for AF. At half time both teams are tied 4 to 4. Lehi scores the next point followed by an assist by AF’s Taylor Mason to Warren Wright for the goal. Lehi responds with another point followed by a point by AF’s Taylor Mason for the tie. American fork kicks it up a notch and Warren Wright gains two more points for AF followed by another goal by Mason. AF’s Shaun Merrill is injured and everyone takes a knee while he is carried off the field. Players struggle to gain possession and the ball is kicked to Jacob Mcnall who scores another point for American fork. Although Lehi scores again the American Fork Caveman dominate in the 4th quarter and win this one resulting in a final score of American Fork 10, Lehi 7.
– Boys: Sky View beat Fremont, 18-11. Brock Halling led the Bobcats with 5 goals and 2 assists.
– Girls: Skyline beat Olympus, 11-4. Catherine Snyder led the Eagles with 4 goals. Lea VandeMerwe had 3 goals for Olympus.
– Garrett Bullett, Garrett Michaeli and Zack Franckowiak were named to the Adrenaline All-American North Roster.
– Please submit your nomination for the Player of the Week! It could be your teammate, members of your ‘squad’ or the player on the other team that lit up your team! Submit your nomination here.
– There are two ways to get mentioned in the ULN Dispatch. 1) Put your scores and stats into utahlax.org before the next morning after your game and 2) Submit your own recap! It’s easy to do! We don’t ask for much.
– If you like what you see on ULN, please consider a donation. Any amount helps.
– Have old gear lying around? Buy, Sell, or Trade it in the ULN Classifieds!
– Check out the scores from yesterday or see who is playing today.
– Westminster will host BYU on today at 2:00pm but you already knew that because you read the first paragraph. Preview
– BYU beat Boise State yesterday, 18-9.
– On Saturday,
Utah State will take on Wyoming at 3:00pm and New Mexico at 7:00pm. These games were cancelled and will be rescheduled.
– Westminster will host Colorado State today. Preview
National News is brought to you by Lacrosse Pulse which is a free daily email with hand-curated lacrosse content. Sign up now at www.lacrossepulse.com
McAnaney: Start-up Programs’ Growing Pains, Gains
Outlaws and Machine Seek First Wins
Ohio State Men’s Lacrosse Has a Baltimore Flavor
NLL Weekend: Rochester Aiming for First Place Overall
Concordia University (MN DII) Adds Women’s Lacrosse
The MCLA Will Have a First Time Champion in 2015