– Girls, Varsity (4/20/2015) | West Jordan Jaguars 21, Timpview Thunderbirds 4 (User Submitted)
Leading Scorers: Bella Waters (5G, 3A – West Jordan)
Emma Townsend (2G – Timpview)
Goalie Stats: Katelyn Larsen (3S – West Jordan)
Rebekah Roberts(18S – Timpview)
The game started with Mia White winning the draw for West Jordan. Less than a minute in Olivia Morgan scored first for the Lady Jags. Under White’s leadership in the circle, West Jordan dominated the draw and Bella Waters, Emma Henderson, Mia White, Allison Brown, Cortney Middleton, and Abby Henderson all added to the lead. Rebekah Roberts was able to stem some of the West Jordan attack with 12 saves in just the first half. The West Jordan defense, anchored by Kylee Funk and McKena Smith, only allowed two shots the first half.
Timpview did not give up and with less than a minute left in the half Emma Townsend had the ball and was double teamed by two defenders. She tried to get an angle to the goal but the defenders forced her to the right side. On a full run, with almost no gap or angle, Townsend found a way to shoot over the top of both defenders and somehow slipped the ball past the goalie into the net for an impressive goal. West Jordan led 13-1 at the half.
The Lady Jags started the second half like they did the first. Dezeray Kowalski got the draw for West Jordan and eventually scored less than a minute in. West Jordan then strung together a series of goals. The Thunderbirds responded with goals from Courtney Bird, Emma Townsend, and Nicole Sutherland but the Lady Jags went on to win 21-4. This was Senior Day (last home game of the season) for West Jordan.
View the game photos for this game here.
– Be sure to check out the Utah lacrosse review in the Deseret News.
– Girls: Cache Valley beat Weber, 13-7. Two Cache Valley players had 5 points: Kylee McKee (5 goals) and Emma Montufar (3 goals, 2 assists).
– Have old gear lying around? Buy, Sell, or Trade it in the ULN Classifieds!
– The Utah Chapter has announced tryout dates for the U-15 National Teams. If you are a boy or girl born on or before 9/1/1999, you are eligible to tryout for these teams. More information here.
– The Juan Diego boys team used donations from the 2014 semi-finals to give a $1,000 check to Continue Mission, a group that helps military veterans. Learn more here.
– Game Photos: Bingham v. Bountiful boys, West Jordan v. Timpview girls
– Jace Miller (American Fork) and Skye Rust (Lone Peak) won the Week 7 Storm Lacrosse Player of the Week award. Submit your nomination for this week here.
– There are two ways to get mentioned in the ULN Dispatch. 1) Put your scores and stats into utahlax.org before the next morning after your game and 2) Submit your own recap! It’s easy to do! We don’t ask for much.
– If you like what you see on ULN, please consider a donation. Any amount helps.
– Check out the scores from yesterday or see who is playing today.
– The MCLA polls were released today with Westminster leaping to No. 7 while BYU fell to No. 8. In D-II, Utah State remained at No. 20.
– UVU hosts Westminster today at 7:00pm in Orem.
– Utah State will host Utah on Wednesday at 7:00pm in Logan.
– On Saturday, BYU will host Utah at 7:00pm.
– If you missed the action last weekend, Westminster beat BYU, 16-15. Recap | Gallery | Deseret News story
– The Westminster Griffins finished their season with a close loss to Colorado Mesa. Recap
– The Ute Womens Lacrosse team won the RMWLL D-II championship with a 7-6 win over Air Force. The win gives them an automatic bid into the WCLA National Tournament in May.
National News is brought to you by Lacrosse Pulse which is a free daily email with hand-curated lacrosse content. Sign up now at www.lacrossepulse.com
College Lacrosse Team Runs Winning Streak to 100 Games
McAnaney: One-Goal Games and Plenty of Talking Points
Lizards Top Rattlers, 19-9
Rubeor Scores Five Goals to Lead Bayhawks Past Florida
Michael Bocklets Carrer-High Four Goals Propels Outlaws to First Victory
Team Canada Names WILC2015 Training Roster
England to compete with heavy hearts for former Coach