Today is the last day to nominate a Player of the Week for week 9. Submit your nomination for this week here.
– It was a big weekend in high school lacrosse. On Friday, Bingham beat Davis, 20-8, and Corner Canyon beat Brighton, 10-9. On Saturday, Logan beat Sky View, 8-7, in a close Cache Valley rivalry game.
– Boys, Varsity (4/24/15) | Park City 16, Waterford 3 (User Submitted)
The Park City Varsity improved their record to 16-1 on the season after a 16-3 victory against Waterford on Friday afternoon. Playing on the road, in the rain and wind, Park City came out slow but still managed a 3-1 first quarter lead. Coming out of the break from the quarter PC turned on the jets and dominated the final 3 quarters. The usual suspects led the scoring for the Miner’s, Kolton Atkinson (4g 4a), Beau Pederson (3g 5a), and Cole Flinders (5g). Midi’s Chad Merrick (2g), JJ Pickard (1g 1a), Tucker Mirams (1g), and Jackson Burton (1a) contributed to the point total. As did Defenseman Josh Hales (1a). As a team, 12 assists were registered on 16 goals, picked up 28 gb’s, and caused 9 turnovers. The reliable FOS Burton also won 13 of 19 face-offs and Zack Danninger went 2 for 2. The defense as a unit turned in another solid performance only allowing Ian Sime (5 saves) to see 8 total shots on net. Park City has 2 remaining games in the regular season Jordan (Monday) and Brighton (Friday). Both games will be at home and winning both would secure the #1 seed for the playoffs.
– Boys, 4/24: Spanish Fork beat Alta, 11-8. Gavin McClain had 5 goals and 1 assists for the Warriors.
– Boys, 4/24: West Jordan beat Desert Hills, 14-10. Hunter Brown led the Jaguars with 5 goals and 2 assists. Desert Hills was led by Carter Bean (5 goals).
– Boys, 4/24: Copper Hills beat Bountiful, 17-3. Ethan Brown (4 goals, 1 assist), Zach Geigle (2 goals, 3 assists) and Zachary Park (3 goals, 2 assists) each had 5 points for the Grizzlies. Austin Hargis went 16 of 18 from X for Copper Hills.
– Girls, 4/24: American Fork beat Bingham, 11-10. Haley Cook led AF with 5 goals and 3 assists.
– Girls, 4/24: Copper Hills beat Timpanogos, 12-2. Hannah Corbett and Madeleine Keller each had 4 goals for the Grizzlies.
– Girls, 4/24: Alta beat Corner Canyon, 10-4. Three Hawks had three points: Sarah Ludlow (3 goals), Kayla Medina (2 goals, 1 assist) and Lauren Ogden (2 goals, 1 assist).
– Girls, 4/24: Sky View beat Timpview, 14-4. Myra Williams and Kandice Allen both had 3 goals for the Bobcats.
– Boys, 4/25: Pleasant Grove beat Lehi, 12-4. Chad Renslow led the Vikings with 4 goals while William Tribe also had 4 points (1 goal, 3 assists).
– Boys, 4/25: Desert Hills beat Wasatch, 16-2. Carter Bean had 4 goals and 2 assists for the Thunder.
– There are two great things happening in Utah County in the next few weeks. On May 2, the Timpanogos girls lacrosse team is hosting the First Annual Utah County Lacrosse Expo. On May 9, UVU is hosting the Freshman/Sophomore Champions Challenge. Both look like great events so go check them out.
– Have old gear lying around? Buy, Sell, or Trade it in the ULN Classifieds!
– There are two ways to get mentioned in the ULN Dispatch. 1) Put your scores and stats into utahlax.org before the next morning after your game and 2) Submit your own recap! It’s easy to do! We don’t ask for much.
– If you like what you see on ULN, please consider a donation. Any amount helps.
– Check out the scores from yesterday or see who is playing today.
– On Saturday, Utah State beat Wyoming, 16-2. Zac Payne had 4 goals and 1 assist while Blade Garlow had 3 goals and 2 assists for the Aggies.
– Also on Saturday, BYU beat Utah, 18-3.
– The RMLC Playoffs begin this weekend. On Friday at 10:00am, Utah State will face Northern Colorado. The winner will play the winner of the Fort Lewis v. Montana State game on Saturday for the D-II Championship. At 7:00pm on Friday, Westminster will take on BYU with the winner facing Colorado/Colorado State on Saturday for the D-I Championship.
National News is brought to you by Lacrosse Pulse which is a free daily email with hand-curated lacrosse content. Sign up now at www.lacrossepulse.com
Check back tomorrow!