Position: University of Utah Women’s Lacrosse Assistant Coach
Hours: late evenings M, T, W, F and some weekend competitions and events
The University of Utah is looking for an experienced assistant coach that is dedicated to taking our team to the next level within the club division of college lacrosse.
The position offers a great opportunity to work with experienced players and coaches at a higher level. The University of Utah is a competitive Division II club team that has taken first in the Region for the past 5 years and second in the Nation for the past two years consecutively. We have appeared at the National tournament for the past 6 years and want an assistant coach to help take us there again. Next year, the team will be transitioning to Division I club for the 2018 season. Some benefits include free team gear and travel expenses covered in addition to the stipend. Logistical duties are carried out by the club officers which include scheduling games, booking hotels, implementing fundraisers and coordinating officials for competitions.
1) Knowledge of the sport and game both offensively and defensively.
2) Willingness to travel.
3) Past Lacrosse Experience
4) Excellent organizational and communication skills.
5) Experience in coaching and knowledge of the fundamentals, tactics, and strategies of coaching collegiate sports.
6) Knowledgeable and current on all WCLA rules and regulations.
1) Assists the head coach with practice preparation, plans, and team supervision.
2) Help recruit qualified student-athletes.
3) Conducts and coaches practice sessions during the preseason and primary sport season.
4) Exemplify excellent leadership and proper code of conduct throughout all phases of the competitive season.
5) Work toward the ultimate welfare and safety of the athlete and her educational goals.
6) Abide by all policies, practices and philosophies of the University of Utah Club Sports Program
7) Attend home and away contests.
8) Cover all coaching responsibilities when the Head Coach is absent from such duties.
Please Submit Resume to: email@example.com