For Immediate Release – Wasatch LC
Wasatch Lacrosse Club is a distinctive group of young men who are each handpicked for their on-field talents and off-field display of character by coaches Danny Larkin, Ricky Larkin, and Adam Eddinger. Players are selected from across the state of Utah to showcase their abilities to NCAA and MCLA coaches at the highly competitive tournaments we attend. To be a member of Wasatch Lacrosse Club you must strive to play lacrosse at the highest level and always play selfless, with a team first mentality. You must also represent the community you live in and high school you attend with a sense of pride and responsibility.
- Name: Caelahn Bullen
- High School: Trinity Pawling (NY), 2016
- Hometown: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- What college/university are you committed to attend? I am verbally committed to Cornell University.
- What other schools did you consider? The other great schools I was considering was Princeton, Brown, Harvard, Boston College, and UMBC.
- What were the deciding factors that helped you choose? The main factor was the academics. I wanted to go to an institution that would supply me with outstanding tools for life. Secondly was their renowned and incredible lacrosse program. It is coached by the best of the best; Coach Kerwick, Coach Milliman, Coach Kivlen, and Coach Rothman. This was the easy deciding factor, for they can shape any student athlete into a high level D1 contender. It is easily one of the best programs in the NCAA D1 league. Thirdly was its cold and northern geography, much like the native homeland, Canada. Lastly, they serve Tim Hortons in the hockey rink, which obviously attracts Canadians much like myself.
- What do you like about the campus? I love the aesthetics of the campus and its atmosphere in total. It’s a university that just feels like ‘home’ to me. Additionally, it’s a unique place because of its landmarks, such as the gorges. Cornell has amazing features such as rivers and streams, along with a great atmosphere of students… and especially the lacrosse team. The guys make it feel like home.
- How did your interaction with the coaching staff begin? Did they see you play and contact you or did you send highlight film? I actually got in contact with them through going to tournaments and sending in footage along with my transcripts. Coach Milliman reached out to me and my family, and from thereon we knew this incredible institution would be a perfect fit for me. I have to thank Coach Kerwick and Coach Milliman for also being very supportive through the admissions process. They are two outstanding coaches.
- What advice do you have for players who are aspiring to play Lacrosse in college? Just be yourself and find the perfect fit. It shouldn’t be anything that’s truly rushed, it should take time. Just play your game, and play it well. That’s the trick to recruitment. It’s all about being an individual and not conforming to any of the general lacrosse populace, be pronounced.
- How has Wasatch LC helped you? Wasatch has provided me with an abundance of connections and truly understanding the game with versatility. In the previous tournament in Princeton, NJ, I was given the chance to step out of net and be an attackman. In my opinion, it’s the greatest advantage to be an attackman and a goalie. To be an attackman you need to know the ins and outs of the goalie you’re playing against. Vice versa, to be a goalie, you need to understand and truly know who’s shooting on you. Additionally to the opportunity of versatility, they provided me with connections. Connections ranging from the great coaches of the Wasatch program, to connections with players all over the west and east coast. This has benefited me and truly shaped me into an individual that now has the opportunity to seek any assistance all over America.
- What was/has been the best part about playing for Wasatch LC? The best part has been the environment. It’s truly a great bunch of guys that have a desire to become better in the sport of lacrosse. I’m truly blessed to also have the chance to be with some really great coaches. Both Danny and Ricky Larkin have been so supportive of getting me to the great tournaments. And Coach Eddinger brings the intensity that picks up the guys game. Like I said, it’s the whole positive atmosphere of the team.
- What is your most memorable experience from playing with Wasatch LC? The most memorable experience was the bus rides to the games. Me being from Canada, it was always awesome to bump ‘Out for a rip’ in Coach Eddingers van. The boys appreciated the music and became a tradition to play the song before every game.
- Why should other players aspire to play for Wasatch LC? To enjoy the ride. Everyone needs to experience the great coaching staff and to have the opportunity to be with the guys. Like I said, the atmosphere is just indescribable. You truly feel like a family.
- Please add who you would like to thank on this momentous occasion: I want to firstly than my two amazing parents; My mother Heather and my father Chris. They always are there for me and support me to go on amazing trips, like the Wasatch LC adventures. Secondly I would like to thank Coaches Ricky, Danny, and Adam. They have should tremendous support to me, and continue to. Thirdly, I want to thank all the boys for making such a momentous trip this summer. Thank you Wasatch LC!
Wasatch Lacrosse Club’s mission is to provide a distinct advantage in College Recruiting to players on our club over other teams. We go the extra miles with filming our games, recording stats, clipping highlight films, emailing and calling college programs for you, and so on. Hard work, fun, and dedicated coaching are the foundation of Wasatch Lacrosse Club. Developing friendships between players and parents from various schools and communities are a key factor to the “Satch Lax” experience.
Team Website: www.repetitionlacrosse.com/WasatchLC
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/WasatchLC
Full Length Game Films: www.accesslacrosse.com/WasatchLC
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/WasatchLC
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/WasatchLC
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/WasatchLC
Current Wasatch LC alumni playing in college:
BYU – MCLA Division 1
Dalon Hampshire – Goalie (Bountiful HS/2014)
University of Colorado – MCLA Division 1
Riley Rose – Goalie (Juan Diego HS/2013)
Furman University – NCAA Division 1
Grant Pierce – Attack (Brighton HS/2014)
University of Oregon – MCLA Division 1
Luke Pyper – Midfield (Waterford School/2014)
Rutgers University – NCAA Division 1
Casey Rose – Midfield (Corner Canyon HS/2014)
Utah State University – MCLA Division 2
Connor Meyer – Midfield/FO (Syracuse HS/2014)
Justin Jackson – Attack (Lehi HS/2014)
Westminster College – MCLA Division 1
Bridger Fisher – Midfield (Olympus HS/2014)
Tanner Duryea – Defense (Sky View HS/2014)